Stratford east dating
Although this has been moved from it's original position, it still has with it two rectangular stone blocks.These were put there to make it easier for easier for riders to remount their horses after they (the horses probably) had taken a drink. This is a small detail from a larger work of a tiled mural on the front of this community centre.The mural was funded by the Newham Council Leisure Services and is the work of many hands. Two of the five coloured wood carvings by the door of this public House, which convey the spirit of Merrie England.
It now houses a number communal facilities run by Newham Council.
The surrounding land would have been flooded for defence.
For accommodation see Wotton-under-Edge and Stroud.
The eagle and child feature on that family's coat of arms.
At the time of writing (2007), the pub is unoccupied and boarded up, but the carvings are clearly visible. Sculpture on the front of the Forest Gate Methodist Church, Woodgrange Road. The Sculpture leans out from the brickwork at quite an alarming angle. This stone was erected to the memory of two firemen killed in the Silvertown Explosion of January 19th 1917.